This project is read-only.

StatefulBrowsingContainer - SiteArea?

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:10 PM

StatefulBrowsingContainer - how do I navigate to a view in another site area? Parameter SiteArea does not exist (only Url).

Artur

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Hi, I'm not sure what your question specifically relates to, but let me give you some basics for using SiteAreas:

1. Normally, to navigate to a view in another SiteArea you specify the SiteArea in your NavigateAction behavior (see the SiteArea property) - this tells nRoute to check if the SiteArea is loaded or not, if not then it will load it and only then navigate to the specified Url.

2. The provided NavigationShellIntegration behavior is also aware of areas, when you navigate to a url which specifies an area then the bookmark is prefixed with the SiteArea Key, so for example in http://localhost:5589/#SalesArea;Sales/Overview/History/  the "SalesArea;" tells us which area the url is from.

3. Normally, when you want to navigate to something which is in the same area (ie. dll or xap) then you don't need to specify the area. Because the point of specifying an area is just to ensure that it is preloaded before the requested resource is resolved, and so within your own area its use is not needed - however if you want the url to apprear in the browser shell, like in point 2, then you should specify the SiteArea incase someone wants to deep link into the url.

Hope this helps,
Rishi