nRoute is the BEST!

Feb 25, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Hi Rishi,

I'm still working on the shell framework for our silverlight mdi application and i have to say that my decision to choose nRoute as basic framework

was the right one! The main idea behind nRoute that resources can be described by an uri/route is very powerful (for example all my mdi windows are navigation containers

with stateful and directional browsing capabilities... or one can navigate to global modal (and/or single instance) windows). Using nRoute produces clean, elegant and modular (xaml)

code and i'm able to handle our big framework + application.

I have learned a lot in the last months by using nRoute (and i'm still learning :)...).... and without the right framework you cannot build a "big" application.

What i want to say is :-) : Thanks for this fantastic framework! - Please keep up the good work and i'm really looking forward to the next major release.

btw: will be the transition to the next major release almost seamless?

Best regards,

Helmut

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Thanks Hemut for all your kind words.

And as for the next version, well yes I intent to make it as seamless as possible - however there might small breaking changes (mostly around edge cases). Also, you might happy to hear, I've been thinking a lot more about how to better support MDI type apps (as I'm myself building one) and add built-in support for child windows etc. So hopefully that should make a lot more MDI-like scenarios easier to tackle.

Appreciate your input.
Rishi 

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Hi Rishi,

sorry for my late reply but i was very busy lately.

The news from you about better mdi support sound great. I'm really looking forward to it!

And many thanks again for making the transition to the next version as seamless as possible. :)

Best regards,

Helmut