This project is read-only.

Can't compile FutureDesktop project

May 11, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Hi Orkpade,

You're work is excellent, thanks for sharing.

I have a problem to compile the FutureDesktop project.  The error message is "Partial declarations of 'nRoute.Samples.FutureDesktop.App' must not specify different base classes" in App.xaml.cs

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Marcos

May 11, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Thankz Mtabj, the compiling error you are referring to is a known problem with Visual Studio.. I’d mentioned about it in one of my posts, from which I've pasted the solution below:

By default or when you edit App.xaml file, VS will automatically make the App class (in the auto-generated and partial code-behind file) inherit from System.Windows.Application type, which you'll need to remove if you have inherited from a custom type. To do so, right-click and select "Go To Definition" on the "InitializeComponent' call in the App class's constructor method, where you can remove the offending/extraneous inheritance call.

Basically, VS automatically makes the other App.xaml partial class inherit from System.Window.Application type and we can’t have two different base-classes, so just remove the other inheritance statement and it will compile. Though do note, every time you change the app.xaml file, this problem will reoccur.