This project is read-only.

Unit Tests & Roadmap

May 28, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I have been looking with a lot of interest at nRoute and will be at least leveraging it for a prototype that we are developing. So far I like what I see, it is very well thought out.

There is a good chance that we will use it for a big project as well in which case it would require good set of unit tests, high code quality etc. . I haven't seen any unit tests for the project. Are there any? If so, where are they? Are you using tools like Resharper, FxCop, NDepend, etc. to ensure high quality?

Do you have plans on opening the project up for participation? What are your plans going forward?

Regards,

Ralf

May 30, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Hi Ralf, I will be straight that as of the current version I don’t have unit tests, which is not good but I definitely plan to have 100% code-coverage. However, in the course of development, I did make a number of sample projects that validated all use-cases that I intended. Unfortunately, I did not style them into proper unit tests, because a lot of the stuff was UI intensive. Definitely, this needs to be corrected. Also I’m not using any particular add-ins, however if you feel that I should then help me with the particular reasons and I will definitely try and follow-up on that.

Next week, I will blog about a number of ideas I have in store and also detail a sort of roadmap for the various future drops. If you are interested in joining, you are most welcome, just let me know. In fact next week onwards I wanna work on the next drop, so it’s a good time to join if you like.

Cheers,
Rishi

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Thanks for your reply.

The Resharper add-in is fantastic in helping amongst many of the features to ensure that code follows standard C# naming conventions.

I would be interested in joining. Looking forward to your future plans.

Cheers,

Ralf